Thursday, September 06, 2012

Adam & Katie | Summer 2010


Adam & Katie

Entrance to the yard of this family home passed down through generations
Katie kept beautiful flowers!

 Main road off of the house, secluded quiet and beautiful.

Newly married, I do believe for just a year or so before these photos were taken:)

Their garden was a labor of love for Adam and he was proud of the crop he had grown and Katie was too! So we incorporated this in the shoot.:)




 Such a cute couple!

 Entrance to the garden.



 This was an old, broken down pick up truck on the property that turned into an awesome photo opportunity!! Love this picture!


Adam & Katie had no formal photos taken for them as a couple and this was one of my very first shoots. I shot everything in manual versus auto which was so challenging as a new photographer. I learned quickly though! In order to capture the shot, you have to know your equipment. These two were AMAZING to work with! We had many many more photos we took. Some in a field of wheat grass, tall and gold. I used a stool and they turned out so awesome! We also shot some photos by his beloved tractor, a family heirloom! Where are these photos? Gone. Yes, you heard me right. This blog is about my journey as a photographer and I would be dishonest to omit the highs and lows. When I showed up to Brandy's to edit the photos, I noticed when I pulled them up there weren't as many as I thought I took. I scrolled, frantically, down through all the photos. Opened every folder on my flash drive. Brandy checked her hard drive...they were gone. I cried, a little. I must have some how deleted them -in camera- while reviewing them with Katie. Devastation would be a good word to use to explain my demeanor over the week following that. I assure you, it has never happened again. Lesson learned. I. take. my. time. I was still able to salvage some of this beautiful couples photos. Katie was very understanding. Through out this whole process that is one thing I have learned about people, they understand. They are patient and kind. I am sure not everyone will be, but my clients have been the best. I am so grateful to have met Katie and Adam and I wish them the absolute best for their future. Let me know what you think! As always, thanks for reading and peace to you friends. Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment